Styrian stewed pork with horseradish
Recipe of the region Murau
Ingredients for 4 persons
1000 g shoulder of pork
1 cup of Suppenkoch
1 bouquet garni
2 bay leaves
200 g horseradish
- Bring about 2 litres of water with salt, bay leaf, garlic, juniper berries, vinegar and peppercorns to the boil.
- Peel the onion.
- Cut the root vegetables and onion into strips and cook slowly in water until soft. Remove and put aside.
- Now cook the pork in the remaining stock for about 1 1/2 hours until tender.
- Cut the cooked meat into slices, arrange on plates and cover with the strips of root vegetables after reheating them in the stock.
- Grate the horseradish over the dish and pour some soup over it. Garnish with chopped parsley.
The pork turns out particularly succulent if you put the meat into the boiling stock. Don’t cook the meat, just let it simmer. Salt potatoes make a very good side dish.
Recipe of the region Murau »
Immerse yourself fully in the cycling destination. Get to know its culture and people. Be aware of its special features. Make every minute of your cycling holiday a pleasure.