Burgenland cabbage soup
Recipe of the region Central Burgenland – Rosalia
250 g finely chopped white cabbage
40 g diced smoked bacon
100 g finely chopped onion
200 g washed sauerkraut
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 tsp tomato purée
1 pair of Debreziner sausages, finely chopped
100 g diced potatoes
1 diced red pepper
1 ½ l broth
A little salt
1 cup crème fraiche
A classic in Burgenland cuisine – cabbage soup captivates with its characteristic paprika seasoning, and is particularly warming in the cold season!
- Fry the onion and bacon in fat until golden, then add the white cabbage and fry thoroughly.
- Then stir in paprika powder and tomato purée, pour in the broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now add the sauerkraut, which should be cut 2 to 3 times, and the potato cubes, and again let the soup boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped Debreziner sausages to the soup and cook for a short time.
- In the meantime, fry the diced red pepper in fat.
- Stir in the crème fraiche and then bring everything to the boil again and season with salt.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SOUP!
Recipe of the region Central Burgenland – Rosalia »
Immerse yourself fully in the cycling destination. Get to know its culture and people. Be aware of its special features. Make every minute of your cycling holiday a pleasure.