Recipe of the region Radstadt
Ingredients for 8 dumplings
350 g dumpling bread from the bakery
1/4 l milk
1/4 l cream
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 handful of finely chopped parsley
optioneel: 1 handful of finely chopped (game) sausage
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. Heat the milk and cream until they are lukewarm.
- Add all the ingredients and mix together well.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Wet your hands and form dumplings of any size: press the dough together well and form balls.
- Cook the dumplings in a large pan of simmering salt water for approx. 15-20 minutes (depending on the size; they’re ready when they rise to the top of the pan).
- Remove from the pan. Ready!
Recipe of the region Radstadt »
Ingredients per portion
- 2 dumplings
- 1 egg
- Concentrated butter for sauteing
- Parsley to garnish
- We recommend serving with a green salad
- Cut the dumplings in half and then into slices.
- Heat some concentrated butter in a frying pan, add the dumplings and sauté them until they are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare 1 fried egg in a separate frying pan.
- Place the sautéed dumplings on the plate, add the fried egg on top and garnish with parsley. Ready.
Enjoy your meal!