Recipe of the region Salzburger Lungau Katschberg
Ingredients for the mutton
1 ½ kg organic lamb meat, preferably shoulder – cut into approx. 8 pieces
Root vegetables (carrots, celeriac, yellow turnips)
1 kg potatoes
Ingredients for the cooked horseradish
Two bread rolls
Approx. ¼ litre milk
50 g butter
A handful of grated horseradish
A pinch of sugar and salt
Preparing the Lungau mutton
- Season the pieces of meat with salt, pepper, garlic, caraway and rosemary as desired.
- Put the meat in the preheated oven (160 degrees).
- Turn the meat over once it has a golden brown colour.
- Cut the root vegetables into pieces and add to the meat.
- Reduce the temperature to approx. 130 degrees.
- Peel, halve and salt the potatoes and season them with caraway. Add them to the meat and continue cooking.
- The meat will be tender after around two hours. Lay out the meat, vegetables and potatoes, make a fine sauce from the roasting juice, season to taste and serve the delicious dish in the hot frying pan.
Recipe of the region Salzburger Lungau Katschberg »
Preparing the cooked horseradish
Cut the bread rolls into small cubes and warm the milk with the butter. Add the bread roll cubes to the hot milk and add a handful of grated horseradish. Season with sugar and salt and refine with cream. Then let the cooked horseradish simmer until it has a creamy consistency.
Immerse yourself fully in the cycling destination. Get to know its culture and people. Be aware of its special features. Make every minute of your cycling holiday a pleasure.