Traisen Valley rainbow trout
Recipe of the region Mostviertel
1 medium-sized rainbow trout
1 litre of water
1 bunch of rosemary
2 cloves of garlic
2 organic lemons
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
100 g flour
60 g salt
Wild garlic pesto
1 bunch of Traisen Valley wild garlic
150 ml olive oil
30 g walnuts
30 g Austrian mountain cheese
1 teaspoon of salt
1 pinch of chilli
Preparing the rainbow trout
1. Prepare a 6% brine for the fish. Put 60 g of salt into one litre of water. Then mix with the whisk until all the salt has dissolved.
2. Preserve the rainbow trout in the brine for 2 hours. Remove from the brine and pat dry.
3. Heat the frying pan to maximum and spread the olive oil around the pan.
4. As soon as the pan is hot enough, coat the fish in flour and then fry until it is golden brown on both sides.
5. Once the fish is perfectly cooked, add the butter, garlic and rosemary to the pan. Place the garlic and rosemary on the fish and pour the hot butter over it for 1-2 minutes.
6. Fill the fish with the lemon. Depending on its size, cook it for around 5-8 minutes with the herbs in an oven that has been preheated to 180°.
7. Decorate with half a fresh lemon and wrap in transparent paper. Serve the fish on a wooden board with rosemary, home-made pesto, briefly cooked lemon and freshly ground pepper.
Recipe of the region Mostviertel »
Preparing the wild garlic pesto
- Wash and dry the garlic and cut it into small strips.
- Fry the walnuts in a frying pan until golden brown and then grate.
- Finely grate the mountain cheese and mix with the wild garlic and walnuts.
- Then add the salt, chilli & olive oil to the bowl and blend well.
- Season with further spices as desired and then enjoy.
Immerse yourself fully in the cycling destination. Get to know its culture and people. Be aware of its special features. Make every minute of your cycling holiday a pleasure.