Saddle of venison
Recipe of the region Algund
Ingredients for the venison loin
500 g cleaned and trimmed saddle of venison
250 g floury organic potatoes
100 g milk
50 g cream
50 g butter
1 waxy potato
2 juniper berries
4 pieces cranberries
Saddle of local venison with espuma and organic potato cubes under a glass dome with juniper smoke
- Season the saddle of venison with salt and pepper and cook in a frying pan. Then roast in the oven at 120°C to a core temperature of approx. 47°C and keep warm.
- In the meantime, cook and mash 250 g potatoes and put them in a blender. Add cream, milk and melted butter, taste and mix well. Pass through a sieve and put in an ISI bottle with 2 capsules/cartridges.
- Peel the remaining potatoes, cut into approx. 5 x 5 cm cubes and cook into salted water until soft. Then dry and fry at 180° until golden yellow.
- Portion the saddle of venison and put on a plate next the golden yellow potato cubes. Place a small tower of potato espuma alongside and decorate with a cranberry.
- To make the juniper smoke, finely chop the juniper berries, mix with the sawdust and ignite. Add it to the glass dome and place it over the dish. Remove the dome when the plate is in front of the guest – a taste and optical sensation.
Recipe by Michelin star chef Luis Haller – Luisl Stube at Schlosswirt Forst
Recipe of the region Algund »
Immerse yourself fully in the cycling destination. Get to know its culture and people. Be aware of its special features. Make every minute of your cycling holiday a pleasure.