Rolled roast pork loin
Recipe of the region Mostviertel
For 4 people
600 g roast pork loin
200 g bacon
1 Stk. piece of caul
5 handfuls of goutweed
4-5 cabbage leaves without a stalk, blanched
500 g potatoes
250 g flour
Salt, pepper, nutmeg
Preparing the roast pork loin
- Season the pork loin with salt and pepper and sear it on all sides.
- Blanch the goutweed, add to iced water, squeeze well and roughly chop.
- Wrap the pork loin in bacon.
- Prepare the potato dough (potatoes, flour, eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg) and roll into a rectangle. Spread the goutweed evenly across the dough and then roll the bacon-wrapped pork loin in it.
- Spread out the caul and place the blanched cabbage leaves on it. Wrap the meat and potato dough roll in the cabbage leaves. Wrap the caul around it, place on the baking tray and cook in the oven for approx. 30 – 40 minutes at 160 °convection.
- After cooking, use a sharp knife to cut the rolled pork loin like a roulade and serve with salad.
You don’t need to serve any side dishes as the potato dough is enough.
Recipe of the region Mostviertel »
Immerse yourself fully in the cycling destination. Get to know its culture and people. Be aware of its special features. Make every minute of your cycling holiday a pleasure.